Bumpd makes it easy to prepare and submit an unfair dismissal application.
We want to make sure you understand the full picture. Please read the information here on the unfair dismissal process, where Bumpd fits in and how it works, and a summary of the different legal options potentially available.
- Bumpd does not provide legal advice. Bumpd is not a law firm, and we are not your lawyer. Our website and our app are not a substitute for legal advice.
- Choosing to proceed with an unfair dismissal claim may stop you choosing another legal option later on. The choice is entirely yours.
- Our app is based on a computerised decision-tree logic system. This system has been designed by lawyers using their best efforts, but it cannot (and is not designed to) cover all of your unique individual circumstances. You must carefully review any document that our app generates and provides to you, and make any required changes.
- You are entirely responsible for the contents of any document that we submit to the Fair Work Commission on your behalf.
- If at any stage you feel unsure about your legal position or what to do, we recommend you speak to a lawyer.
Gather any documents that might be relevant to your claim, and save or scan them onto your computer. You will need access to them as you go through the app. For example:
- letters, meeting notes, emails or texts about the ending of your employment or any complaints or concerns you had raised;
- requests you made to your employer about your pregnancy/child related responsibilities;
- medical certificates;
- payslips; and
- if you were made redundant, job advertisements for your previous job.
Ready to begin?
Click on ‘Start’ below to be taken to our app. This will open in a new window with a web address beginning https://app.checkbox.ai/.
The app works best on a computer, but you can use a mobile device if that’s all you have. To save your progress in the app and come back later, click on ‘Access Later’ in the top left corner of the app.