Thank you for visiting our website. This website is owned and operated by Bumpd Limited (ABN 51 650 794 522).
In these Terms:
- ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ means Bumpd Limited (ABN 51 650 794 522); and
- a reference to our website includes a reference to our web application, even though our web application is technically hosted on an external website provided by Checkbox Technology Pty Ltd (ABN 35 612 175 685).
- No legal advice
We do not provide legal advice. We are not a law firm. Your use of our website does not create a lawyer-client relationship between us and you. Our website provides free legal-related assistance and information to the Australian community in relation to job loss resulting from pregnancy and parenting-related workplace discrimination.
While we have done our best to ensure the accuracy, completeness and functionality of our website, it is not a substitute for legal advice and you use this website at your own risk. We are not responsible for anything you do or don’t do in reliance on our website.
- There may be several different legal options available for your particular situation. Some options may have time limits applicable to them. Choosing some options may stop you from choosing other options at a later time. We are not responsible for the option(s) you choose, even if that choice has been influenced by our website.
- When our app provides you with a document (e.g. a draft unfair dismissal application), you should understand that the document has been automatically generated (without any human review, subject to section 2) by a computerised decision-tree logic system. This system has been designed by lawyers using their best efforts, but it cannot (and is not designed to) cover all of your unique individual circumstances. As a result, the document may not be fit for your purposes, for example because our app does not adequately cater for your situation. You must carefully review any document that our app generates and provides to you, and make any required changes (noting that we do not review any changes that you make, other than as set out in section 2). You are entirely responsible for the contents of any document that we submit to the Fair Work Commission or other authority on your behalf. You are the person completing and signing those documents, on your own behalf. We are only providing you with the means to be able to do that.
- Subject to section 2, we are not responsible for any failure to meet any time limits required under law or by the Fair Work Commission or other authority.
If you’re not sure about the information or documents provided by this website, you should seek legal advice. We have included relevant links on the Support Services page.
- Beta testing phase
Our website is currently in a testing phase. While we have undertaken thorough internal testing, as you can appreciate, real-world testing is also necessary in developing our app. As a result, you may experience more errors and bugs than we would like during this phase. Thank-you for your understanding.
In addition, during the testing phase:
- both the responses that you input into our app and the document(s) generated by the app will be reviewed by a lawyer (“the first review”). The scope of that review is limited to:
- checking that the decision-tree logic system behind the app is functioning as intended by us; and
- checking that there are no major internal inconsistencies in the document(s) generated; and
- if, after receiving the document(s) generated by the app or otherwise by us, you choose to upload the document(s) back to our app or otherwise provide those document(s) to us for filing with the Fair Work Commission or other authority, a lawyer will also review any edits you have made to the document(s) (“the second review”). The scope of that review is limited to checking that there are no major internal inconsistencies in the document(s) as edited by you.
To the extent permitted by law, neither the first nor second review constitutes legal advice. The sole intended purpose of the first and second reviews is to optimise our app’s automation system so that it can ultimately operate on a fully automated basis, without the need for any human review.
The first and second review is not intended to constitute advice for you. However, to the extent the law regards either the first and/or the second review as legal advice:
- the legal advice is provided by the lawyer (in their personal capacity) directly to you, and you agree that Bumpd Limited (ABN 51 650 794 522) has no control or involvement over that legal advice and is not responsible for that legal advice; and
- that advice is strictly limited to the relevant scope set out above.
You agree that the lawyer providing the first and second review has the benefit of this section 2.
The first review may take up to 24 hours to complete. The second review may also take up to 24 hours to complete. As a result, it may take up to 24 hours from the time you complete our app’s questionnaire to when you receive the draft document(s), and up to 24 hours from the time you ask us to submit your application to the Fair Work Commission or other authority to when we actually do.
We are not responsible for any failure to meet any time limits required under law or by the Fair Work Commission or other authority, other than where such failure is directly caused by our failure to email or otherwise provide your application to the Fair Work Commission or other authority within 24 hours from the time we have actually received from you (in accordance with any delivery instructions we provide to you) the documentation required for your application in a form that is (in our reasonable opinion) complete and without any major inconsistencies, and provided that our failure to do so was within our reasonable control (for example, it was not caused by technical outages). Further, to the extent permitted by law, you agree that your recourse under this paragraph is limited to requiring us to procure a lawyer to assist you in preparing a request to the Fair Work Commission or other authority to accept your application outside of the time limit.
- Linked sites
Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Those links are provided for convenience and may not remain current or be maintained. Unless expressly stated otherwise, we do not endorse and are not responsible for the content on those linked websites and have no control over or rights in those linked websites.
- Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, we own or license from third parties all rights, title and interest (including copyright, designs, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights) in this website and in all of the material (including all text, graphics, logos, audio and software) made available on, or generated by, this website (‘Content’).
Your use of this website and use of and access to any Content does not grant or transfer any rights, title or interest to you in relation to this website or the Content. However we do grant you a licence to access this website and view the Content on the terms and conditions set out in these Terms and, where applicable, as expressly authorised by us and/or our third party licensors.
Any reproduction or redistribution of this website or the Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. In addition, you must not copy the Content to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction or distribution is expressly prohibited.
All other use, copying or reproduction of this website, the Content or any part of it is prohibited, except to the extent permitted by law.
- No commercial use
This website is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any Content, software, products or services contained within this website. You may not use this website, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own website.
- Unacceptable activity
You must not do any act that we would deem to be inappropriate, is unlawful or is prohibited by any laws applicable to our website, including but not limited to:
- using this website in connection with claims that are false, frivolous, vexatious or which have no reasonable prospect of success;
- any act that would constitute a breach of either the privacy (including uploading private or personal information without an individual’s consent) or any other of the legal rights of individuals, or breach any other confidentiality obligations;
- using this website to defame or libel us, our employees or other individuals;
- uploading files that contain viruses that may cause damage to our property or the property of other individuals;
- posting or transmitting to this website any non-authorised material including, but not limited to, material that is, in our opinion, likely to cause annoyance, or which is defamatory, racist, obscene, threatening, pornographic or otherwise or which is detrimental to or in violation of our systems or a third party’s systems or network security.
If we allow you to post any information to our website, we have the right to take down this information at our sole discretion and without notice.
- Warranties and disclaimers
We are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs in connection with the use of this website or a linked website. You must take your own precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use from our website is free of viruses or anything else (such as worms or Trojan horses) that may interfere with or damage the operations of your computer systems.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no warranties or representations about this website or the Content, including but not limited to warranties or representations that they will be complete, accurate or up-to-date, that access will be uninterrupted or error-free or free from viruses, or that this website will be secure.
We reserve the right to restrict, suspend or terminate without notice your access to this website, any Content, or any feature of this website at any time without notice and we will not be responsible for any loss, cost, damage or liability that may arise as a result.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, in no event shall we be liable for any direct and indirect loss, damage or expense – irrespective of the manner in which it occurs – which may be suffered due to your use of our website and/or the information or materials contained on it, or as a result of the inaccessibility of this website and/or the fact that certain information or materials contained on it are incorrect, incomplete or not up-to-date.
We may, from time to time and without notice, change or add to this website (including the Terms) or the information, products or services described in it. However, we do not undertake to keep this website updated. We are not liable to you or anyone else if errors occur in the information on this website or if that information is not up-to-date.
- Jurisdiction and governing law
Your use of this website and these Terms are governed by the law of Victoria and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction in Victoria.
Effective: 1 October 2021